- Flooding and Sediment Impacts over 300 years - The Roanoke River Animation Series
- Visualizing the 1608 Chesapeake Bay Exploration By John Smith
- PaFarms Web site online
- 4-H materials updated! Final Draft available for download
- CENTREMAP: Online mapping for Local Government
View CentreMap Now!
- Visualization: Halfmoon Township Development Proposal - Before and After shots
Put your agricultural business online today for free using AGMAP! OR want to find local producers of fruits, vegetables, grains and other agricultural products? Search for local agricultural producers online using AgMap today!
This web-based project is to create an interactive, web-based directory / mapping service for local workforce, community agencies, and youth agencies.
Research & Outreach
The Land Analysis Laboratory (LAL) is engaged in a multitude of various projects all of which contain elements that utilize advanced Geographic Information Systems programming. From E-government applications to training local government staff on how to use software, the LAL has been a leader in Pennsylvania in advancing these geospatial technologies throughout all levels of our state community.
Current / Recent Projects
- Geospatial Technology (GIS) Training: a variety of GIS trainings across Pennsylvania.
Current / Recent: Remote Sensing / Visualization
- New!! Lidar (Light Detection & Ranging)
- New!! Yosemite National Park, Forest Thinning Simulations
- Roanoke River - 'Flood of Mud' Animation Series
- Mifflin County Landuse
- SoilMap - Mapping Pennsylvania soils online
- Space map
- Septic Map
- Farm Map
- CentreMap - Basic Web Mapping
- Chesapeake Bay Land Cover and Land Use
- RGIS: National Consortium For Rural Geospatial Innovations in America
- GIS Analysis of Land Use on the Rural-Urban Fringe
- VINEYARD MAP -- Development of a PA Vineyard Site Assessment System
- Production of Digital Soils Data for PA
- PA Spatial Data Clearinghouse (PASDA)
- Generation of Spatial Conservation Easements for PA Farmland Protection Program
- Mapping Animal Operations in PA Using GIS
- GIS activities and the Department of Agriculture
- Riparian Forest Buffer Inventory and Analysis for Virginia Using GIS
- Use of Biosolids for Mine Reclamation
- GIS Technical Support for Centre County
- Centre Map & Support of Centre Region Local Gov't GIS Operations
- Geospatial Technology Outreach and Extension Program
- Land Evaluation & Site Assessment (LESA) for County Farmland Protection
- About: Visualization efforts at the LAL
- Landscape Visualization of the Voyages of John Smith and the Chesapeake of the Early 17th Century
- Visualization: Penns Valley Development Alternatives
- Visualization: Halfmoon Township Development Proposal
- Visualization: Geisenger Medical Facility Proposal
- Visualization: Residential Development (Whitehall Road) Rezoning Proposal
- Development Forecasting: Assessing the Effectiveness of CommunityViz as a municipal and county planning tool.